Harvard College Program for Research in Science and Engineering (PRISE)
2015 IS THE TENTH ANNIVERSARY OF PRISE!!!
The 2015 PRISE instructions and application materials have been migrated to the Undergraduate Research and Fellowships website. You can access them directly from the following URL: http://uraf.harvard.edu/uraf-administered-programs .
PRISE/BLISS/PRIMO/SHARP IS ON! CHECK OUT THE CALENDAR!
THE AMAZING PBPS SUMMER BLOG IS HERE!!
FINAL PRESENTATIONS FOR 2013: HERE IS THE SCHEDULE (.pdf).
WANT TO LEARN ABOUT PRISE FROM THE FELLOW PERSPECTIVE? A THURJ ARTICLE ABOUT PRISE
THE INCREDIBLE FINAL PRESENTATIONS OF PRISE 2012. CHECK THEM OUT HERE!!
COOL STUFF FROM 2011 . . .
- THE PRISE ABSTRACT BOOK 2011 (.pdf)
- THE SENSATIONAL SCHEDULE OF 2011 PRISE PRESENTATIONS!!
- PRISE/BLISS/PRIMO '11: THE PHOTOBLOG! (COMPILED BY PRISE FELLOW GORDON BAE)
- PRISE/BLISS/PRIMO NEWSLETTERS: VOLUME 1
2 3 4 5 6 7
COOL STUFF FROM 2010 . . .
- THE PRISE ABSTRACT BOOK 2010(.pdf)
- THE AMAZING SCHEDULE OF 2010 PRISE PRESENTATIONS! (.pdf)
- PRISE NEWSLETTERS: VOLUME 1 2 3 4 5 6
- PRISE '10: THE PHOTOBLOG (COMPILED BY PRISE FELLOW JENN CHANG)
COOL STUFF FROM 2009 . . .
- THE PRISE ABSTRACT BOOK 2009 (.pdf)
- THE INCREDIBLE SCHEDULE OF 2009 PRESENTATIONS! (.pdf)
- PRISE '09: THE PHOTOBLOG (COMPILED BY PRISE FELLOW KATE XIE)
COOL STUFF FROM 2008 . . .
- The PRISE ABSTRACT BOOK 2008 (.pdf)
- 2008 PRESENTATION SCHEDULE (.pdf)
- PRISE FELLOW ALISSA D'GAMA's SUMMER RESEARCH BLOG FOR OCS
- PRISE FELLOW JACK LI'S PRISE BLOG
- PRISE P.A. STEPHANIE LO'S PRISE 2008 PHOTO BLOG
COOL STUFF FROM 2007 . . .
- THE PRISE ABSTRACT BOOK 2007(.pdf)
- 2007 PRESENTATION SCHEDULE
- THE AMAZING 2007 PRISE PHOTO BLOG, BY PRISE FELLOW STEPHANIE LO
INTRODUCING HARVARD COLLEGE PRISE
The Harvard College Program for Research in Science and Engineering (PRISE) has been created from the recommendation of the Task Force on Women in Science and Engineering (WISE), to establish a stimulating, collegial, and diverse residential community for Harvard undergraduates engaged in summer research in life science, physical science, applied science, mathematics, and engineering.
PRISE is a 10-week program for students working with Harvard Faculty in relevant academic departments and research centers in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences, as well as program directors and principal investigators in the Harvard Medical School, the School of Public Health, affiliated research institutes and hospitals, and other academic and administrative units throughout the University.
Summer 2014 will be the ninth year for this innovative high-profile program, which has been designed to stimulate community and creativity among a cohort of motivated Harvard undergraduates, along with the other programs that make up the Harvard Summer Undergraduate Research Village: BLISS (Behavioral Laboratory in the Social Sciences), PRIMO (the Program for Research in Markets and Organizations), and SHARP (Summer Humanities and Arts Research Program).
Participation in the Program will include housing in one of the Harvard College residences, partial board, free shuttle service for those working in the Longwood Medical Area, and evening programming that includes distinguished scholars talking about their research and a variety of workshops on such topics as fundamentals in laboratory training and preparing for scientific presentations.
To be eligible for PRISE, a student must secure a position to conduct research in mathematics, natural science, applied science, or engineering with a member of the Harvard Faculty in one of the University's academic departments, affiliated research facilities or hospitals. Students who have not yet secured a laboratory placement and/or research funding are encouraged to submit PRISE applications concurrently with applications for research funding. Acceptance to PRISE will be contingent upon securing a research position with a Harvard Faculty member. Supplemental funds for those students with a summer savings requirement will be available.